“Don’t risk spills on your cookery book, swap for an iPad”
The Apple iPad is the fastest- growing electronic device in history. As a lover for Apple I tend to use my iPad for those delicious recipes I’m cooking up. It’s such a great way to transform the kitchen into the futuristic smart kitchen of tomorrow and is very easy to use.
Want to save ink and paper from the recipe you have found on the net? Then get your hands on an iPad, or use your existing one for your cookery book. I’m not saying cookery books are a thing of the past, but sometimes we all can’t find that recipe in the book so the net is perfect for this.
It can be set up where you are cooking, and can actually be a time saver. You could even buy one just to be used in the kitchen! Don’t think of it as a needless expense just think of it as the cheapest possible way to turn it in to that gadget kitchen you have always been after. You really will have the kitchen of your dreams!
There have been seven versions of the iPad, different sizes, designs and processors. There has also been four versions of the iPad mini built with different processors. The iPad mini is a smaller screen but works just as great as the bigger iPad. To be honest it may be worth having the bigger sized iPad in the kitchen so it’s easier to read the recipes, and watch those programmes you love.
“With an iPad you can give your kitchen abilities that even the most optimistic futurists never dreamed of. Get gadget happy with an iPad”
The kitchen is a place where all the family come together and is the place where every family member is likely to find themselves everyday. The kitchen is used as a message centre, art gallery and reference libary. An iPad works much better than paper and magnets, as photos can be displayed on a slideshow through the iPad. Notes and notifications can be easily shared, and notes can be written to the family or emailed. An iPad can also be used as a baby monitor to watch the children when you are in the kitchen, or to stream your favourite TV show. Watch Mary Berry in your kitchen while cooking!
Nowadays the foodie revolutions is bringing people into the kitchen to learn to make food from scratch. Some of the best instructions are put on to videos, such as YouTube and Google+. The iPad is the ultimate best design in being able to watch these videos in the hub of the home.
Best ways to display the iPad
- Mount the iPad at eyelevel. It makes it easier to read the recipe or watch the video and also doesn’t take up precious countertop space. There are many stands available on the market today that can be mounted on to your cabinetry, fridge or wall.
- Invest in a stand or case that doubles into a stand. Keeps the iPad at a perfect viewing angle.
“Measure perfectly with a connected scale, using a useful app”
“Use thermometres that are connected by an app to check the meat has cooked just right”
“Use a stand to avoid spills”
“Use a stylus to protect the screen, we don’t want sticky fingers on the screen, (screen protectors great idea)”
“Chef sleeve perfect to keep the juices spitting at the screen”
The kitchen can also be used as a home entertainment centre that can entertain you as you do jobs around the kitchen. Blare out the music while scrubbing the sink. You can catch up on the news too, email while getting ready for work and social networking.
- Use Siri as your own personal chef. Use his voice to set a timer for any part of the recipe and find out how many calories in in the food you are making.
- Stop the iPad from going to sleep when following the recipe with the auto-lock setting.
- Use a specific app to purchase cookery books, so you have it easily available when wanting the perfect recipe.
- Rotate the screen on the iPad so it’s easy to read and follow the recipe. Easily located when swiping up from the bottom of the screen and selecting the icon that looks like a padlock with an arrow around it.
Search our blog
Other recent posts
- Silestone Eternal Series @ Rock & Co 6th December 2018
- Kitchen of the week… Located in Broxbourne, Herts, showcasing the Symphony Carrara 6th December 2018
- Kitchen of the week… Located in Brentwood, Essex, showcasing the Bianco Foresta 28th November 2018
- Kitchen of the week… Located in Guildford, showcasing the Calacatta Statuario Spyder 24th November 2018
- Black Friday Deals Weekend 23rd November 2018
Select a blog category
- December 2018 (2)
- November 2018 (9)
- October 2018 (8)
- September 2018 (6)
- August 2018 (11)
- July 2018 (12)
- June 2018 (6)
- May 2018 (8)
- April 2018 (7)
- March 2018 (18)
- February 2018 (16)
- January 2018 (16)
- December 2017 (19)
- November 2017 (27)
- October 2017 (24)
- September 2017 (24)
- August 2017 (22)
- July 2017 (22)
- June 2017 (24)
- May 2017 (23)
- April 2017 (20)
- March 2017 (21)
- February 2017 (11)
- January 2017 (8)
- December 2016 (4)
- November 2016 (5)
- October 2016 (6)
- September 2016 (1)
- August 2016 (1)
- June 2016 (1)
- April 2016 (2)
- February 2016 (1)
- January 2016 (1)
- January 2015 (1)
- November 2014 (1)
- July 2014 (1)
- June 2014 (1)
- April 2014 (2)
- February 2014 (1)
- January 2014 (1)