“Get your kitchen rocking with the perfect tools!”
The kitchen is the hub of the home where all family members will use it at some point in their everyday life. The kitchen should be an enjoyable place with the best tools and ingredients on hand.
If you are a recent home owner or a lover for cooking these 14 tools are the most essential we feel will create that perfect dish, and carry out everyday tasks. If you don’t have the right tools it can become frustrating when you are trying to try out new variety of dishes or healthy meals.
I dive in to the world of the must have tools that should be in every kitchen. And if you are planning on revamping your kitchen, why not revamp your old tools for new. You can buy inexpensive ones and also provide the best quality tools for all family members to use in the kitchen. (Obviously not the kids unless under supervision)
- Knives are important to the home cook as you want these to be easy to hold, comfortable to hold, soft grip and a great chopping tool for those herbs and other ingredients. Before buying a knife you do really need to hold it first so you know that, that knife is the one for you. Buy the best knives and they will last a long time. The knives that are the most used in the kitchen is a serrated knife, a 9-to-10 inch long chef’s knife and a paring knife. Butcher blocks will look fabulous on your counter top, especially next to that stunning quartz or granite that you have purchased from us at Rock and Co.
2. In a kitchen two cutting boards should be at hand- one for raw meats and one for cooked foods and produce. You really need to avoide cross-contamination when cooking. Perfect ones to put in your drawer are the polyethylene plastic ones. They are inexpensive, durable and easy to clean. Dishwasher safe ones are always best as you can just place them in the dishwasher and not have to worry about cleaning them. Though I would recommend washing the raw meat one first so you are not putting any contaminated products in to the dishwasher where everything else goes. You could also purchase one of them amazing chopping boards for your glamorous worktop, that matches in with your decor, or just a feature in the kitchen or as a serving plate.
3. Mixing bowls that fit inside one another is a space saver in them cupboards/ deep drawers. They will last a lifetime, inexpensive and versatile. You could purchase ones that match your decor and place on open-shelving for a feature.
4. Measuring spoons and cups are great for the perfect baking. You should really purchase one full set of measuring spoons and two sets of measuring cups.
5. Pots and pans are a very useful tool. A wok, different sized frying pans and saucepans are the perfect array of cookware to have in your amazing kitchen. Remember not to use metal utensils on non-stick pans because scratched surfaces can affect their non- stick surfaces and you really won’t have the best non-stick pan or pot anymore.
6. A thermometer is the perfect gadget to have in your kitchen. You can easily check that the sizzling chicken has been cooked to perfection. They can be purchased in any supermarkets and have an array of designs.
7. The perfect utensils to have in your kitchen drawers are-
- heat resistant non-stick spatulas
- vegetable peeler
- wooden spoons and spatulas
- meat mallet
- slotted spoon
- rolling pin
8. A colander is great for all the different ingredients you need to use it for. Maybe purchase different sizes so you have a few on hand so when entertaining for guests you can cook up a bigger portion. Make sure though that the larger one fits in to your sink.
9. Bakeware- for the perfect baked dishes, a roasting pan and rack, pizza trays, baking sheets, glass baking dishes and a hotpot dish are great for the basic cooking requirements.
10. Storage containers are brilliant for left overs, packed lunches and any unused ingredients.
Joseph Joseph Nest Storage 6 Piece- Lakeland £39.99- they slot in to eachother providing excellent storage space. The lids are colour coded to the pots so you know exactly what one fits and so they can’t go astray.
11. A slow cooker is ideal for a family or someone that is always on the go. A lot of ingredients can be thrown in together before you go to work and is ready when you get home for that delicious dinner.
12. Electric hand mixer will make your baking so much easier.
13. A blender is great for those delicious smoothies.
14. An oven mitt is essential in the kitchen. We do not want any burnt hands!
“Which tools you prefer to buy is totally up to you and at your preference. Making sure that these tools are in your kitchen will really make your life so much easier and when learning to cook that new latest recipe.”
Search our blog
Other recent posts
- Silestone Eternal Series @ Rock & Co 6th December 2018
- Kitchen of the week… Located in Broxbourne, Herts, showcasing the Symphony Carrara 6th December 2018
- Kitchen of the week… Located in Brentwood, Essex, showcasing the Bianco Foresta 28th November 2018
- Kitchen of the week… Located in Guildford, showcasing the Calacatta Statuario Spyder 24th November 2018
- Black Friday Deals Weekend 23rd November 2018
Select a blog category
- December 2018 (2)
- November 2018 (9)
- October 2018 (8)
- September 2018 (6)
- August 2018 (11)
- July 2018 (12)
- June 2018 (6)
- May 2018 (8)
- April 2018 (7)
- March 2018 (18)
- February 2018 (16)
- January 2018 (16)
- December 2017 (19)
- November 2017 (27)
- October 2017 (24)
- September 2017 (24)
- August 2017 (22)
- July 2017 (22)
- June 2017 (24)
- May 2017 (23)
- April 2017 (20)
- March 2017 (21)
- February 2017 (11)
- January 2017 (8)
- December 2016 (4)
- November 2016 (5)
- October 2016 (6)
- September 2016 (1)
- August 2016 (1)
- June 2016 (1)
- April 2016 (2)
- February 2016 (1)
- January 2016 (1)
- January 2015 (1)
- November 2014 (1)
- July 2014 (1)
- June 2014 (1)
- April 2014 (2)
- February 2014 (1)
- January 2014 (1)